From your PTL President, Sarah Harr:
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! I'm looking forward to my 2nd year as PTL president at Belvoir Christian Academy!
From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for all the ways you supported Belvoir Christian Academy and our PTL last school year! Our success is entirely dependent on your involvement and your support, and for that we are immensely grateful!
Because of the time, work, and money you gave to our PTL during the 2018-2019 school year, we were able to...
- Make our playgrounds safer and more attractive with new surfacing material.
- Pay 100% of the cost ($10,000) toward a new maker's lab.
- Purchase all new playground equipment and floor mats for the Child Care Center.
- Host a successful Fall Festival with several new vendors, beautiful gift baskets, and a record number of attendees (we ran out of everything!).
- Assemble a float for the East Ridge Christmas Parade that won 1st place!
- Receive donated refreshments, decorations, serving ware, and miscellaneous supplies for PTL-sponsored events, significantly defraying our costs and providing additional service hours opportunities for BCA families.
- Purchase new recess equipment for our K-8 students.
- Beautify the inside of our school with creative and appealing bulletin boards, and the outside of our school with new landscaping and seasonal decorations.
- Financially support educational and professional opportunities for our teachers.
For the 2019-2020 school year, we hope (with your help!) we will be able to...
- Offer $100 to every BCA teacher for beginning-of-the-year supplies - happening August 2019!
- Create a Gaga Ball pit near the playground - happening August 2019!
- Paint a portion of the parking lot and the storage shed near the playground with lots of recess games - happening Fall 2019!
- Purchase round outdoor picnic tables to use as an outdoor teaching/eating space, as well as additional seating for special events - happening Fall 2019!
- Build a covered area over the picnic tables to increase their versatility.
- Install more interactive playground components for the K-8 students.
- Create a track around the soccer field for athletics and for leisurely walking.
Thank you, in advance, to our new (huge!) PTL board, for the hard work they are already doing to promote the growth and success of BCA this school year. With the help of our students, families, and volunteers, the PTL will be able to accomplish more than ever!
If you haven't done so already, please sign up on our volunteer page for your 8 service hours for the 2019-2020 school year. Now is the time to claim your slot before all the good ones are taken! ;)
God's blessings for an awesome new school year!
All BCA families are strongly encouraged to volunteer for a minimum of 8 service hours throughout the school year. To simplify the volunteer sign-up process, our PTL is using SignUp Genius to allow families to choose a specific event, how they want to help, and the amount of time they are available to help - all in one place! This information is maintained by the PTL, and volunteers will be contacted within 2 weeks of their event to confirm volunteer assignments and answer questions.
Volunteer hours can be earned by helping at any event listed on SignUp Genius, such as setting up, cleaning up, or helping during an event. Parents who volunteer as homeroom parent helpers may also earn service hours by coordinating or setting up for a class party. Additionally, service hour opportunities will be offered throughout the school year to help with grounds cleanup (mulching, weeding, planting, etc.), bulletin boards, PTL closet organization and other time-sensitive tasks.
The class with the highest percentage of parent volunteer involvement at the end of the school year will receive a special privilege - field trip, special event, class party, etc. What a wonderful way to recognize our BCA parents and families for their hard work!
Click on the circle below to sign up online to volunteer!
PTL Mission Statement:
The Belvoir Christian Academy PTL works for your child by maintaining close working relationships between parents, teachers, staff, and all BCA students, to enhance the Christian educational experience by providing equipment, services, and fellowship events to build school spirit and relationships within the BCA family.
The purpose of the PTL is to encourage and cultivate high standards of Christian education; to promote open communication and good will among parents, teachers, administration, school board, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, and First Lutheran Church; and to encourage parental participation in school events.
While our teachers and staff will ensure that your child receives an excellent education, the parents who volunteer on our Parent Teacher League will work to provide children, parents, and the East Ridge community with fun and exciting events that will positively affect your child's experience at BCA. Involvement in the PTL is the best way to not only connect with other BCA parents and families, but also to spend more time with your child(ren), through the variety of PTL-sponsored activities offered throughout the school year.