sign up to volunteer
Spring 2019 PTL-Sponsored Events:
Doughnuts with Dad - Friday, February 9 at 8:15 a.m.
National Lutheran Schools Week and Scholastic Book Fair - March 4-8
Ice Cream Sundaes - Tuesday, March 5 during Lunch
Grandparents Day Program - Friday, March 8 at 8:30 a.m.
St. Patrick’s Day Dance - Friday, March 15 at 6:00 p.m.
Muffins with Mom - Friday, April 5 at 8:15 a.m.
Teacher Appreciation Week - May 6-10: Click here to be directed to the faculty/staff wish lists.
Field Day/Faith Family Day - May 23, all day
From your PTL President, Sarah Harr:
From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU for all the ways you have supported Belvoir Christian Academy and our Parent-Teacher League so far this school year! Our success is entirely dependent on your involvement and your support, and for that we are immensely grateful!
Because of the time, work, and money you have given to our PTL this school year, we have been able to...
- Make our playgrounds safer and more attractive with new surfacing material.
- Pay 100% of the cost ($10,000) toward a new maker's lab.
- Purchase all new playground equipment and floor mats for the Child Care Center.
- Host a successful Fall Festival with several new vendors, beautiful gift baskets, and a record number of attendees (we ran out of everything!).
- Assemble a float for the East Ridge Christmas Parade that won 1st place!
- Receive donated refreshments, decorations, serving ware, and miscellaneous supplies for PTL-sponsored events, significantly defraying our costs and providing additional service hours opportunities for BCA families.
- Purchase new recess equipment for our K-8 students.
- Beautify the inside of our school with creative and appealing bulletin boards, and the outside of our school with new landscaping and seasonal decorations.
- Financially support educational and professional opportunities for our teachers.
In the coming months, we hope (with your help!) we will be able to...
- Paint a portion of the parking lot and the storage shed near the playground with lots of recess games.
- Purchase round outdoor picnic tables to use as an outdoor teaching/eating space, as well as additional seating for special events.
- Build a covered area over the picnic tables to increase their versatility.
- Install more interactive playground components for the K-8 students.
- Create a track around the soccer field for athletics and for leisurely walking.
- Create a Gaga Ball pit near the playground.
Thank you, also, to the PTL board, who has worked tirelessly to actively participate in the growth and success of BCA. With the help of our students, families, and volunteers, the PTL has been able to accomplish so much! Here's to MANY more successes to come!
Please be sure, if you haven't already, to sign up on our volunteer page for your 8 service hours for the 2018-2019 school year. There are still some coveted slots left! ;)
God's blessings for an awesome Spring semester,
All BCA families are strongly encouraged to volunteer for a minimum of 8 service hours throughout the school year. To simplify the volunteer sign-up process, our PTL is using SignUp Genius to allow families to choose a specific event, how they want to help, and the amount of time they are available to help - all in one place! This information is maintained by the PTL, and volunteers will be contacted within 2 weeks of their event to confirm volunteer assignments and answer questions.
Volunteer hours can be earned by helping at any event listed on SignUp Genius, such as setting up, cleaning up, or helping during an event. Parents who volunteer as homeroom parent helpers may also earn service hours by coordinating or setting up for a class party. Additionally, service hour opportunities will be offered throughout the school year to help with grounds cleanup (mulching, weeding, planting, etc.), bulletin boards, PTL closet organization and other time-sensitive tasks.
The class with the highest percentage of parent volunteer involvement at the end of the school year will receive a special privilege - field trip, special event, class party, etc. What a wonderful way to recognize our BCA parents and families for their hard work!
PTL Mission Statement:
The Belvoir Christian Academy PTL works for your child by maintaining close working relationships between parents, teachers, staff, and all BCA students, to enhance the Christian educational experience by providing equipment, services, and fellowship events to build school spirit and relationships within the BCA family.
The purpose of the PTL is to encourage and cultivate high standards of Christian education; to promote open communication and good will among parents, teachers, administration, school board, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, and First Lutheran Church; and to encourage parental participation in school events.
While our teachers and staff will ensure that your child receives an excellent education, the parents who volunteer on our Parent Teacher League will work to provide children, parents, and the East Ridge community with fun and exciting events that will positively affect your child's experience at BCA. Involvement in the PTL is the best way to not only connect with other BCA parents and families, but also to spend more time with your child(ren), through the variety of PTL-sponsored activities offered throughout the school year.